Hackney Marshes London UK|
‘Isn’t This Pleasant’ ('Izzy') is looking for a new crew! Having been the best home for ourselves and our toddler, for the past four years, we are now somewhat reluctantly selling to pursue new adventures. Could ‘Izzy’ take you on your next adventure?
‘Izzy’ is a Collingwood 58x10 ft widebeam, built in 2011. ‘Izzy’ has been well maintained and is in excellent working order - she is ready to continuously cruise or be permanently moored. She has a bright and homely interior, with two bedrooms, an open plan living space, and good sized decks at both the bow and stern.
‘Izzy’s’ hull was last blacked in September 2019 and her Boat Safety Scheme (BSS) Certificate is valid until June 2024.
- Reliable Canaline 52 engine. We have never had an issue with her.
- Large capacity water tank (910L). This easily kept us going for two weeks whilst cruising.
- 400L fuel tank which runs the engine, Autoterm diesel heater (new Jan 2021) & bubble stove.
- 2x13kg Calor gas bottles. One fuels the gas cooker and hob and the other is a spare.
- Solar (260W). A green and powerful support for off-grid living.
- 3 x leisure batteries (new Jan 2021) + starter battery.
- 12V electrics power everything bar the TV and power sockets. Inverter fitted for running these off-grid.
- Victron Energy Blue Smart battery charger. This charges the batteries when connected to shore power.
- Removable pram and cratch covers for the bow and stern decks, making these spaces usable all year round.
- Extras include: water hose, life-ring, 40L aquaroll, and deckchair.
- Owner’s Manual and service record included with the sale.
‘Izzy’ is practically laid out, in a way that is very sociable, especially when cruising. Accessed via the stern, you immediately enter the light open plan galley and saloon - perfect for grabbing a drink when you’re on the move or eating alfresco. The galley has ample worktop space, lots of storage, a Thetford gas cooker and hob, and new 12V Shoreline fridge. We furnished the saloon with a super comfy Futon Co sofa bed, chest of drawers, lazy boy chair and stool which still left space for our toddler to play on the rug (furnishings not included). The 32-inch wall-mounted Samsung TV is included with the sale as are the two stools, to eat at the breakfast bar.
We loved having the back doors open in the summer, looking out onto the water and our back-deck garden. In winter, ‘Izzy’ is toasty thanks to the diesel-fuelled bubble stove (yep no messing with wood fires here), which we run continuously over the colder months. Water (and radiators if needed) are heated via the Webasto diesel boiler. You won’t get cold on ‘Izzy’ - something we were very grateful for when we brought our newborn home in January 2018 and the canal was frozen over!
As you continue up the boat, you will first find the smaller cabin on your left, then the bathroom, before the main cabin, which occupies the width of the boat and benefits from double doors which open onto the bow. Our toddler’s cabin was beautifully re-crafted last year and comprises a bespoke bed and mattress (5ft 7’x 2ft 10’) with a drawer and extra storage under the bed. There is also a big wardrobe in the room. This room could also serve as a home office if a second bedroom was not needed. The main cabin is also full of storage, with a big wardrobe, shelving, and two large drawers under the double bed. The spacious bathroom has a shower with great pressure, lots of storage, and a pump-out toilet.
‘Izzy’ was treated to new bamboo flooring throughout, last December, as well as new blinds, this summer, which maximise the light and those water views during the day and provide a blackout, when needed (e.g. very useful for a little one napping during the day!)
‘Izzy’s’ captain, Lisa, grew up afloat and, when looking to purchase her own boat, she prioritised reliability, warmth, a practical layout, lots of storage, and a good loo! ’Izzy’ definitely has all these elements and much much more. We will really miss her!
‘Izzy’ is available to view at Hackney Marshes, East London. Given the COVID pandemic, we ask please that only serious buyers arrange to view in order to protect yourselves and our family. We will keep the boat well ventilated during viewings and please wear a face mask. Thank you.
|Builder:||Collingwood Boat Builders|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Length over all:||58'|
|Length at waterline:||10'|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.